마르지 않는 샘

생명의 양식
pic_green.jpg

Jan 1, 2012(음성)

2012.01.01 20:35

소풍 조회 수:1768

Jan 1, 2012(음성)

이름으로 축복하

They will put my name on you, and I will bless you.

전에부터 기회가 되면 오늘 본문 말씀을 함께 묵상하고 싶었는데, 마침 2012년 첫주일이 그날이 되었습니다. 제가 이 말씀을 기다렸던 이유는 사실 축도 때문인데, 축도(benediction, 축복 기도)라고 하면 보통 고린도후서 13 13, 이것을 보통 사도의 축복 기도라고 하는데, 주 예수 그리스도의 은혜와 하나님의 사랑과 성령의 교통하심이 너희 무리와 함께 있을지어다’(May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all)라는 말씀을 떠올립니다.

2) I have been wanting to share today’s scripture with you for some time now and am glad that I am able to do so on the first Sunday of 2012. The reason why I am especially excited for today’s words is because it is about benedictions. Typically, when we think of benedictions, we tend to think of Corinthians II chapter 13, verse 13, “May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.”

그런데 축도에는 사도의 축도만 있는게 아니라 제사장의 축도’(아론의 축도)도 있습니다. 그게 오늘 본문 24~26절에 나오는 내용인데, 교회의 역사를 보면, 제사장의 축도 사도의 축도와 함께 아주 오랜 기간 동안 사용되어 왔습니다. 오히려 16C 유럽 교회의 예배 순서를 보면 거의 대부분 아론의 축도인 제사장의 축도로 끝을 맺고 있는 것을 볼 수 있습니다. 그런데 어느 때부터인가 아론의 축도가 사라지고 사도의 축도만 남게 되었습니다.

3) Benedictions can be divided into two big categories, one from the apostles and other from the priests. Verses 24 to 26 of today’s scripture is a Priestly Blessing (more specifically Aaron’s blessing). Historically, we see that the two types of blessings were used throughout time. In fact in Europe during the 16th century, most services ended with Aaron’s blessing (priestly blessing) but from one point in time, we began to only use the apostle’s blessings.

그래서 저는 우리 교회 예배시간에 아론의 축도도 함께 사용되었으면 좋겠다는 생각을 하고 있었는데, 제가 갑자기 아론의 축도를 하면 성도님들께서 당황하실까봐 그동안 차마 하지 못했습니다. 그런데 오늘 말씀을 묵상하면서 이제부터는 아론의 축복 기도와 사도의 축복 기도를 함께 사용하면 어떨까 하는 생각을 하게 되었습니다.

4) As a result, I have always wanted to use Aaron’s blessing during our services but was afraid that you would all be surprised by the sudden change and thus, haven’t been able to translate it into action. However, from looking at today’s scripture, I hope to use both the apostles’ and the priestly blessings in the future.

우선 가장 먼저 생각해 보아야 할 것이 아론의 축도이든, 사도의 축도이든, 축도의 주체가 누구냐 하는 것입니다. 축도의 주체가 누구일까요?

5) The first thing for us to think about today is, who is the subject of these blessings, be it Aaron’s or the apostles’ or the priests’? Who are they blessing?

많은 분들이 구약시대에는 제사장, 신약시대에는 사도, 교회시대에는 성직자들이 축도의 주체라고 생각합니다. 최근에 회중교회나 침례교 일부에서는 만인제사장설에 따라 회중들이 서로를 향해 축도를 하기도 합니다. 우리도 역시 만인제사장설을 따르기는 하지만 회중들이 함께 축복 기도를 하지 않는 이유는 하나님 앞에서 목회자와 성도가 모두 동일한 신분(status)이지만, 은사(gift)와 기능(function)의 차이를 인정하기 때문입니다. 제가 잘나서가 아니라, 하나님의 부르심에 따라 공동체를 대표해서 축복 기도를 나누도록 허락해 주셨기 때문이라고 할 수 있습니다. 어쨌든 이러한 회중 교회에서는 모든 사람들이 축도를 하기도 합니다.

6) A lot of people think that in the Old Testament days, the priests, and in the New Testament days, the apostles would have been the subjects of these blessings. Nowadays, in some churches like the Congregational churches and the Baptist churches, members bless each other under the belief that everyone is equal under God. However, although we believe the same, we also recognize that people have different ‘gifts’ and ‘purposes’ according to God and thus the pastor blesses everyone as a representative figure.

그런데 서로가 서로를 향해 축도를 하건, 목사가 축도를 하건, 심지어 제사장이 축도를 하건, 중요한 것은 축도의 주체가 축도를 하는 사람이 아니라는 것입니다. 제가 누차 말씀드리지만, 제가 여러분보다 더 신령하거나, 특별하지 않습니다. 그러니까 저에게 크게 기대하지 마시기 바랍니다. 그런데 이것은 저만 그런게 아니라, 모든 목회자가 마찬가지입니다. 아무리 유명하고 뛰어난 목사님이라도, 복을 주는 주체가 될 수 없다는 것입니다.

7) However, the thing for us to remember is that no matter who says these blessings, the blessings do not come from those individuals themselves. As I have said previously, I am neither special nor more holy than anyone here and the same applies to every religious figure in the world today. Even if the pastor is highly respected, the blessings do not come from him.

오늘 본문 말씀을 잘 보면, 22, 23, 여호와께서 모세에게 말씀하여 이르시되 아론과 그의 아들들에게 말하여 이르기를 너희는 이스라엘 자손을 위하여 이렇게 축복하’(The LORD said to Moses, "Tell Aaron and his sons, 'This is how you are to bless the Israelites. Say to them)라고 말씀하고 있습니다. 아론과 그의 아들들에게 이스라엘 자손을 위하여 축복하라고 명령하셨습니다.

8) Verses 22 and 23 today say, “The LORD said to Moses, “Tell Aaron and his sons, ‘This is how you are to bless the Israelites. Say to them.’”” In other words, it is God who is commanding Aaron and his sons to bless the Israelites.

여기서 축복이라는 단어(히브리어로 ךרב)를 사용하고 있는데, 성경에서 가장 많이축복에 사용되는 단어입니다. 그런데 축복 은 조금 다릅니다. 축복은 복을 기원하는 것이고  복 그 자체입니다. 영어 성경은 그냥 똑같이 ‘bless’로 번역하지만, 우리 말 성경은 이것을 철저하게 구별하고 있습니다. 저는 우리말 성경이 훨씬 더 정확하다고 생각하는데, 아론과 그의 아들들은  그 자체를 베푸는 사람이 아니라, 하나님의 복을 사람들에게 기원하고 전달하는 사람이기 때문에 축복하라고 말씀하는 것입니다. 그래서 27절에서도 그들은 이같이 내 이름으로 이스라엘 자손에게 축복할지니 내가 그들에게 복을 주리라’(So they will put my name on the Israelites, and I will bless them)고 말씀하고 있습니다. 다시 말해서 아론과 그의 아들들이 축복을 하고, 실제로 복을 주시는 분은 하나님이시라는 것을 나타내는 것입니다.

9) The word ‘bless’ here is written as ךרב in Greek and is the most common diction to represent blessing in the bible. However, there is a difference between a blessing and luck. While a blessing is something to be wished, luck is the physical thing itself. Although the English translation uses ‘blessing’ for both of these words, the Korean bible distinguishes between the two. (10) In this light, I believe that the Korean bible is more accurate as Aaron and his sons wish and transfer the blessing given to them onto the public, and thus the word ‘blessing’ should be used. Thus, in verse 27 it says, “So they will put my name on the Israelites, and I will bless them.” Showing this relationship that while Aaron and his sons wish luck on the Israelites, it is God who is giving the actual blessings.

제가 이 말씀을 강조하는 이유는, 하나님의 복을 마치 자신이 주는 것 인양 속이거나, 아니면 하나님의 복을 사람에게 구하는 어리석은 경우가 있기 때문입니다.

11) The reason why I emphasize this concept is because there are people in the world who make it seem as though they are giving the blessings and others who seek the blessings from other people.

바라기는 2012년 한해 동안, 복 주시는 하나님께 나아가시기를 바랍니다. 그리고 저와 여러분이 하나님의 복을 사람들에게 기원하는(축복하는) 사람들이 되었으면 좋겠습니다. 송구영신 예배 때도 말씀드렸지만, 하나님의 뜻은 생명을 살리는 것입니다. 생명을 살리기 위해서는 어떻게 해야 합니까? 마음껏 축복해야 합니다.

I hope that in 2012, you will approach God who gives blessings and that we will become those who are able to bless others. As I have said during yesterday’s service, the purpose of God is to save lives and what needs to be done in order to do so? We need to bless them.

그런데 히브리어로 ךרב의 기본 어근을 살펴보면 묘하게도, ‘무릎을 꿇다, 축복하다, 인사하다로 되어 있습니다. 그래서 하나님을 향해 이 단어를 사용하면 경배하다, 찬송하다, 송축하다는 뜻이 되고, 사람을 향해 사용하면 축복하다, 인사하다는 의미가 되는 것입니다.

12) When we look at the origin of ‘ךרב,’ we see that it says to kneel, to bless, and to greet. Thus, when we look at the word in the context of God it means ‘to worship, to praise, and to venerate’ and when we look at the word in the context of people, it becomes ‘to bless and to greet.’

저는 이 단어를 묵상하면서 히브리어 ךרב 1차적으로 하나님을 향해 무릎을 꿇는다는 것이겠지만, 사람을 향해서도 마찬가지라는 생각이 들었습니다. 성경에서 말하는 축복은 높은 사람이 낮은 사람에게 베푸는 시혜나 선물이 아닙니다. 무릎을 꿇는 것입니다. 왜냐하면 내가 복을 주는 주체가 아니라, 하나님의 복을 구하는 것이기 때문에 무릎을 꿇지 않을 수 없는 것입니다. 그래서 축복은무릎 꿇는 축복이 될 수 밖에 없다는 것입니다.

13) While I was thinking about this word, I thought that although it is telling us to kneel in front of God, the same would apply toward people. The type of blessings that the bible talks about is not given to a lower ranking person by a higher ranking person but is to kneel and serve. Why? Because it is not us, who give the blessings but God and thus, we need to seek such blessings before we can wish them upon someone else. As a result, a blessing only occurs when we kneel and seek.

그런데 우리가 사람들을 향해 이렇게 축복해야 하는데, 도대체 어떤 내용으로 축복해야 하는지 생각해 필요가 있습니다. 아니 거꾸로 다른 사람이 나에게 축복한다고 가장 듣고 싶은 말이 무엇일까요? 부자 되세요, 건강하세요, 자식들 키우세요 이런 말이지요? 이런 말을 들으면 사람이 나를 축복했다고 생각합니다. 물론 이런 말들도 축복의 말입니다. 수만 있으면 많이 하시기 바랍니다.

14) We also need to think about the words we use when we bless others. What kinds of words do we want to hear as blessings? Many people might want to hear the following blessings: “I hope you have a good fortune,” “I hope you have a good health,” or “I hope your family is well.”

그런데 정말로 우리가 해야 하는 축복의 말은 24절에서 26절에 나와 있습니다. 여호와는 네게 복을 주시고 너를 지키시기를 원하며 여호와는 그의 얼굴을 네게 비추사 은혜 베푸시기를 원하며 여호와는 얼굴을 네게로 향하여 드사 평강 주시기를 원하노라’(The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace) 말씀입니다. 공동번역을 보면 재미있게 번역을 놓았는데, 야훼께서 너희에게 복을 내리시며 너희를 지켜주시고 야훼께서 웃으시며 너희를 귀엽게 보아주시고 야훼께서 너희를 고이 보시어 평화를 주시기를 빈다 이렇게 되어 있습니다.

15) But the blessing we should really want to hear and say to others is in Numbers 6:24-26.

"The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace." (Numbers 6:24-26)

어느 번역이든 상관없이 앞에서도 말씀드렸지만, 복을 주시고, 지키시고, 얼굴을 비추시고, 은혜를 베푸시고, 얼굴을 네게로 향하여 드시고, 평강 주신다는 동사의 주어가 모두 여호와 되어 있습니다. 다시 말해서 우리가 사람들에게 축복할 , 복의 주체는하나님이시고, ‘하나님께서 어떤 분인지를 소개하는 축복의 내용이 된다는 것입니다.

16) The LORD blesses you, keeps you, makes his face shine upon you, is gracious to you, turns toward you, and gives you peace. All these are done by our Lord. In other words, when we bless others, the subject of our blessings is the Lord and thus, the contents of our blessings are telling the others about our Lord.

가장 먼저 하나님은 어떤 분이십니까? 24절을 보면, 너를 지키시는 이라고 말씀하고 있습니다. 어쩌면 말씀은 삶의 가장 기본적인 필요를 지키고 보호하신다는 의미라고 있습니다. 유대교 랍비인 마빈 토케어는 본문을 해석하면서, 아주 구체적으로 의식주와 지켜주신다는 말로 해석했습니다. 하나님은 우리의 돈을 지켜주신다 것입니다.

17) So who is the Lord? In 24th verse, it is written the Lord is the one who keeps us.  This can suggest that He protects our most basic needs. Jewish Rabbi Marvin Tokayer interpreted this verse more specifically and said that “God protects our food, clothing, and money.”

그런데 지킨다 동사가 그대로 보호하다 의미도 있지만, 어떤 의미가 있냐면, 감시하다, 삼가다, 단속하다 의미도 있습니다. 그래서 하나님께서 외부의 위험으로부터 우리를 보호한다는 의미도 되지만, 거꾸로 지나치게 넘어가지 않도록 감시하고 단속한다는 의미도 된다는 것입니다. 다시 말해서 하나님께서 돈을 지켜주시기도 하겠지만, 우리의 마음이 돈에 넘어가지 않도록 감시하고 단속하는 것도 지켜주신다는 의미에 포함된다는 것입니다.

18) However, while “to keep” literally means “to protect” it also means “to watch, to forbear, to manage.” Thus, while this can mean that God protects our basic necessities that are needed for us to survive, He also watches over us so that we do not rely too much on our necessities. In other words, while it can mean that God protects our money, it also means that God also watches over us so that our minds do not get taken by it.

어떤 사람이 오늘날 세계의 문제는 인간의 문제이며 인간의 문제는 마음의 문제이다 이런 말을 남겼습니다. 정말 그렇습니다. 마음을 빼앗긴 것이 문제라는 것입니다.

19) Somebody once said, “Today, the problem of the world is the problem of mankind. The problem of mankind is the problem of the mind.”

I think this is true. A mind that is taken over is a problem.

재미있는 이야기 중에 이런 이야기가 있습니다. 어느 늙은 꿩의 새끼 마리가 사라져 버렸습니다. 늙은 꿩은 틀림없이 다른 짐승이 잡아먹었다고 믿었습니다. 제일 먼저 이웃에 사는 토끼를 의심하기 시작하였습니다. ‘틀림없어! 토끼가 우리와 가깝게 살고 있었겠어? 기회를 엿보다 새끼를 잡아먹자는 속셈이었던 거야.’ 속담에, 토끼는 울타리 앞의 풀을 뜯어먹지 않는다.’ 했어. 울타리 앞의 풀을 뜯어먹지 않는다면, 그건 바로 고기를 먹는다는 말이 아니겠어?’ 이렇게 의심한 꿩은 토끼를 자세히 연구하기 시작했습니다. 그랬더니,  늘어진 귀를 . 틀림없이 강도의 특징이야! 빨간 눈은 악마의 것이 아닌가? 짧은 꼬리는 이리 새끼를 훔쳐 먹다 이리에게 물어뜯긴 같군...이렇게 해서 꿩은 자기 새끼가 토끼에게 잡아먹혔다고 결론지었습니다. 그런데 이튿날 새끼 꿩이 돌아왔습니다. 밖에서 놀다 길을 잃었다고 했습니다. 그제야 늙은 꿩은 괜히 토끼를 의심했다는 생각이 들었습니다. 그가 나의 이웃이 것은 이리떼가 두려워 나와 친구가 되고 싶어서였지, 속담에 토끼는 울타리 앞의 풀을 뜯어먹지 않는다.’ 했지, 울타리 앞의 풀도 그냥 정도니 얼마나 선량한 짐승이야! 늙은 꿩은 다시 한번 토끼를 자세히 보았습니다. 귀를 . 강도를 피하기 위해서 저렇게 귀가 거야. 빨간 눈은 너무 울어서 그렇게 거야. 꼬리가 짧은 틀림없이 늙은 범에게 물어 뜯겼기 때문일거야!...

20) Here is a short story about an old pheasant that lost its baby one day. The pheasant was so sure that another animal ate its baby. So the pheasant began to suspect its neighbor, the white rabbit. “I am very positive that the rabbit ate my baby. Why would the rabbit live so close to me? I am sure it probably was looking for a chance to steal my baby.”

21) So the pheasant continuously kept watching the rabbit to catch anything suspicious about the rabbit. “Look at those droopy ears. It’s no doubt that those are the characteristics of a thief! Look at those red eyes. They look like the eyes of the devil! The short tail was probably bitten off by a wolf when the rabbit was eating its baby like it ate mine. The pheasant concluded that its baby was eaten by the white rabbit.

22) Two days later, the baby pheasant came back. The baby pheasant had lost its way when it was playing outside. Only then did the pheasant come to realize it was wrong to suspect the rabbit. The pheasant looked at the white rabbit again and thought, “The rabbit probably lives close to me because it wants to be friends with me. Look at those droopy ears. I am sure the rabbit has those big ears to get away from any thieves! Those red eyes of the rabbit are probably from crying so much! Those short tails are probably from getting bitten by the old tiger!”

토끼는 토끼 그대로 인데... 뭐가 문제일까요? 하나님께서 우리의 마음을 지켜주지 않으면, 우리의 마음을 세상에 빼앗겨 버리면, 멀쩡한 토끼가 악마로 보이기도 한다는 것입니다.

23) The rabbit is only a rabbit. So what is the problem? If the Lord does not protect our mind from getting taken over by the world, even a rabbit can look like a devil to us.

바라기는 2012 한해동안 저와 여러분이 서로를 향해 이렇게 축복했으면 좋겠습니다. 하나님께서 우리의 마음을 지켜주시기를, 우리의 마음을 다른 것에 빼앗기지 않게 달라고....

In 2012, I hope you and I pray that God protects our minds, and that God watches over us so that our minds do not get taken by other things…

그 다음 두 번째로 우리에게 복을 주시는 하나님은 어떤 분입니까? 25절에 보면, ‘그의 얼굴을 네게 비추사 은혜 베푸시’(the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you)는 분이라고 말씀하고 있습니다. 여기서 ‘얼굴을 비춘다’는 것은 ‘밝다, 빛나다’는 의미입니다. 그래서 ‘그의 얼굴을 네게 비추사 은혜 베푸신’다는 것은 하나님께서 ‘밝은 얼굴’로 우리에게 은혜를 베푸신다는 뜻입니다.

24) Who is this God that blesses us? In verse 25 it says, “the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you.” In other words, God gives us grace with a bright face.

혹시 하나님의 밝은 얼굴을 보신 분이 계십니까? 지난 주에 출애굽기 33 20절 말씀, ‘또 이르시되 네가 내 얼굴을 보지 못하리니 나를 보고 살 자가 없’(But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live)다는 말씀을 드렸습니다. 어느 누구도 하나님을 볼 수 없다고 말씀드렸는데, 오늘은 그냥 얼굴도 아니고, 하나님의 ‘밝은 얼굴, 웃는 얼굴’을 보았느냐고 질문하는 게 조금 이상하다고 생각하실 것입니다.

25) Has anyone seen God’s face that is so bright? Last week we briefly looked at Exodus 33:20 where it is recorded: But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live. You may find it strange that I’m asking you if you’ve seen God’s bright face when we’ve been told no one can see His face.

그런데 지난 주 말씀에서 요한복음 1 18절을 보면, ‘본래 하나님을 본 사람이 없으되 아버지 품 속에 있는 독생하신 하나님이 나타내셨느니라’()라는 말씀을 생각해 보았습니다. ‘나타내셨다’는 말의 의미가 ‘보여준다’는 의미와 함께 ‘길을 안내하다’는 의미도 있습니다. 다시 말해서 예수 그리스도께서 인도하시는 길을 걸어 가다보면 하나님이 보여 진다는 것입니다.

26) But, last week we also looked at John 1:18: No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known. The phrase “made him known” can also be understood as being shown something or being guided down a road. In other words, when we walk the ways of Jesus we can eventually see God.

그런데 예수 그리스도께서 걸어가신 길이 어떤 길입니까? 주님의 길은 십자가의 길이었습니다. 결국 우리는 십자가에서 하나님의 얼굴을 볼 수 있고, 더군다나, 가장 빛나는 얼굴을 볼 수 있다는 것입니다. 참 아이러니 한 일입니다. 독생자 예수 그리스도의 죽음의 순간에 아버지 하나님께서 가장 밝은 얼굴을 비춰주신다는 것이...

27) Yet, what was the road that Jesus took like? It was the way of the cross. Thus, we can see God’s brightest face through the cross. The fact that in the death of Christ we can see God’s most shining face is quite ironic.

그런데 이미 25절에 그런 의미가 담겨 있습니다. ‘그의 얼굴을 네게 비추사 은혜 베푸시’(는 하나님이라고 할 때, ‘은혜’라는 단어가 (하난)인데구부리다, 아랫사람에게 몸을 굽히다’는 뜻에서 비롯되었습니다. 결국 예수 그리스도께서 십자가에서 자신의 몸을 구부리시는 그곳을 향해 하나님께서 얼굴 빛을 비추고 계셨다는 것입니다. 왜냐하면 그곳이 바로 구원의 자리이고, 사랑의 자리이기 때문입니다.

28) This idea, however, is conveyed in verse 25: the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The word gracious in this verse comes from the greek  ןגח (hanan). This also means to bend down or to lower oneself toward a lesser person. Hence, on the cross where Christ bent down to the lowest of low God was there shining his face because that was the place of salvation and love.

결국 저와 여러분이 이와같은 복, 밝은 얼굴로 우리를 비쳐주시는 하나님을 만날 수 있는 비결은 주님과 같은 은혜의 자리에 있을 때, 죽을 수 밖에 없는 죄인들을 위해 십자가를 지셨던 갈보리의 십자가, 그 곳에서 우리는 하나님의 밝은 얼굴을 볼 수 있다는 것입니다.

29) In the end, you and I can only meet God’s light when we are with Him in His grace that was the cross, a great sacrifice that Christ took to save us from our sins and inevitable death.

간절히 바라기는 저와 여러분에게 이와같은 복이 임하기를 바랍니다. 몸을 구부려야 하는 자리, 몸을 굽혀야만 하는 그 자리에 저와 여러분이 있기를 소망합니다. 그곳에서 하나님의 밝은 얼굴을 보시기를 바랍니다.

I dearly pray that you and I can be blessed with this presence. I pray that each one of us can be in that place of modesty – and to see God’s shining face as we do so.

세 번째로, 우리가 축복해야 할 하나님의 복은, 26절에 있습니다. ‘그 얼굴을 네게로 향하여 드사 평강 주시기를 원하노라’()는 것입니다.

30) Thirdly, God’s blessing we should share is mentioned in verse 26: the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.

앞에서 ‘얼굴을 비춘다’는 말씀을 생각해 보았는데, 우리말에서는 얼굴을 향하는 것이나, 돌리는 것이나 거의 비슷하게 생각되는데, 히브리어에서는 전혀 다른 단어입니다. 그래서 ‘향하여 얼굴을 든다’는 ‘공급하다, 열망하다’는 의미의 단어를 사용하고 있습니다. 결국 세 번째 복은 하나님의 지속적인 공급을 통해 평강을 누리는 삶이라고 할 수 있습니다.

31) We looked at what “turn his face towards you” meant. In Korean, to look towards someone and to actually turn your face towards someone may seem like two very similar things. But, in Hebrew, the two ideas are represented by two completely different words. So here “to turn His face towards you” also suggests the idea of wanting to provide or aspiring for something. Keeping this in mind, we can read verse 26 (the Lord turn His face toward you) to mean a life that is provided continuously and thus blessed with peace.

유명한 이야기인데, 성 프란체스코가 어느 날 우물에서 물 긷는 여인을 보았습니다. 물통에 물을 가득 담은 뒤에 작은 나뭇조각을 물위에 띄우고 어깨에 메고 가는 것이었습니다.그래서 ‘왜 물항아리에 나뭇조각을 띄우고 갑니까?’라고 물었더니, ‘아직도 그 이유를 모르고 있군요? 항아리가 흔들려도 물이 넘치지 않게 하려는 것이죠’라고 대답했다고 합니다. 프란체스코는 그때 ‘격노가 일어날 때, 마음의 동요가 일어날 때, 마음속에 예수 그리스도의 십자가를 띄우면 되겠다’는 교훈을 얻었다고 합니다.

32) There is a famous tale about St. Francesco. One day he saw a woman by a well. She filled her buckets with water and then set a float a few pieces of wood before carrying them. He asked her, “why do you put pieces of wood in your water?” The woman answered, “you don’t know? It is to stop the water from spilling over even when the buckets shake. St. Francesco realized then that when there is rage and unrest in one’s mind, all he needs is to float Christ’s cross in their hearts to settle the trouble.

우리도 마찬가지입니다. 흔들리는 우리의 삶 속에서 어떻게 평화를 누릴 수 있겠습니까? 누구나 평화와 평강이 넘치는 삶을 소망합니다. 하지만 솔직히 불안한 마음을 지울 수가 없습니다. 건강에 대한 염려, 삶에 대한 걱정, 미래에 대한 불안감이 엄습해 옵니다. 그런데 하나님께서 우리에게 얼굴을 향하여 들고 계신다는 것입니다. 지속적으로 하나님의 능력을 우리에게 공급해 주신다는 것입니다.

33) We are the same. How can we enjoy peace within our uncertain lives? Everyone wishes to have their lives filled with peace and harmony. But, we cannot erase the insecurities in our hearts. We worry about our health, our future, and every crevice of our daily lives. But, God is looking at us with His bright face. He provides for us continuously through His mighty power.

사랑하는 성도 여러분, 저와 여러분의 인생의 항아리에 나무 한 조각을 띄우시기 바랍니다. 그래서 우리를 향해 얼굴을 드시고, 평강을 주시기를 원하시는 하나님의 복을 누리시기를 바랍니다.

My dear brothers and sisters, let’s float a piece of wood in the bucket of our lives – so that we can lift our faces toward God who wants to bless us with the peace that only He can give.

말씀을 마무리 하겠습니다. 세상에 ‘복’이라고 할 것이 참 많이 있습니다. 건강도 복이고, 장수하는 것도 복입니다. 자식이 잘되는 것도 복이고, 돈을 많이 벌어서 부자가 되는 것도 복입니다. 얼굴이 잘생긴 것도 복이고, 머리가 좋은 것도 복입니다. 출세하는 것도 복이고, 좋은 사람을 만나는 것도 복입니다. 성경에서도 이와같은 것들을 모두 복이라고 말씀하고 있습니다. 저와 여러분에게 이런 복이 임하시기를 바랍니다.

34. I want to close by thinking about ‘blessings’. There are many things in this world that we can consider a blessing. Health is a blessing and living a long life is also a blessing. Our children’s success is a blessing and even earning a great wealth is a blessing. Being handsome and beautiful are blessings. Being intelligent is a blessing. Meeting good people is also a great blessing. The Bible tells us that all these things are blessings. I hope that we can experience such blessings in our lives.

그런데 진짜 복있는 사람은, 가난해도 천국의 마음으로 사는 사람이고, 슬픈 일이 있어도 하나님의 밝은 얼굴이 비취는 곳에 사는 사람이고, 주리고 목말라도 하나님의 평강으로 인해 배부른 사람입니다. 왜냐하면 복 자체이신 하나님을 아는 것이 다른 모든 복보다 우선하는 근본적인 복이기 때문입니다. 2012년 한해 동안 저와 여러분의 삶에 이와같은 하나님의 복이 가득 넘치시기를 바랍니다.

35. But, the one that is truly blessed is someone that lives a heavenly life even without money…It is someone who lives in God’s light even in sadness and who fills himself with God’s peace even if there is no food or drink. This is because knowing God – who is blessing in himself – is the most important and the most essential blessing there is. I pray that in 2012 our lives will be filled with such holy blessings.

36. 여호와께서 여러분에게 복을 주시고, 여러분을 지키시기를 원하며,

May the Lord bless you and keep you…

여호와께서 그 얼굴을 여러분에게 비치사 은혜 베푸시기를 원하며,

May the Lord make His face shine towards you and be gracious to you…

여호와께서 그 얼굴을 여러분에게로 향하여 드시어서 평강 주시기를 원합니다.

May the Lord turn His face towards you and give you peace…

번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
공지 주일 예배 온라인(Youtube) 방송 안내 소풍 2020.04.11 1792
공지 10 Commandments 소풍 2019.02.07 3472
공지 The Lord's Prayer 소풍 2018.01.16 3615
공지 설교집(하늘 뜻이 이 땅에도(1) 소풍 2016.10.21 4162
공지 설교집(믿음을 삶으로) 소풍 2016.10.18 4000
공지 설교집(은총과 귀중히 여김을) 소풍 2016.10.18 3788
380 Mar 10, 2013 [117] 소풍 2013.03.13 2115
379 Dec 25, 2012(영상) 自由靈魂 2011.12.25 1909
378 Dec 30, 2012(신현철 목사) [93] 소풍 2013.01.12 1770
» Jan 1, 2012(음성) file 소풍 2012.01.01 1768
376 Jan 29 2012 (영상) [2] 自由靈魂 2012.01.30 1259